BIRRR recommends that customers use the RSP router offer; as this ensures ongoing support for both the service and your local network. Also note that your existing NBN ISS WIFI router will be fine for Sky Muster; or any existing WIFI router with a WAN port that provides DHCP. Note: 99% of ADSL routers are unsuitable for any nbn™ service.
At the time of publication, insufficient ‘router offer’ details are available from a number Sky Muster™ RSP’s.
Sky Muster™ RSP Router offers – May 2016
The following router information is provided by best endeavour and in order of Sky Muster™ Plan announcement.
Please confirm details with your RSP
- The NetComm NF5 has inbuilt VoIP capability. Simply add your analogue phone.
- VoIP may be provided by the addition of an RSP provided Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA). This is additional equipment.
- Routers may be discounted, if customers enter 12 or 24 month contracts.
- Advance Replacement Warranty – If the RSP support determines that the router is faulty whilst still under warranty, the RSP will forward a replacement pre-configured router, and prepaid equipment return satchel.
- 300n (or 802.11n) are base model single WIFI band 2.4Ghz routers.
- AC (or 802.11ac) provide faster WIFI speeds. The higher the ‘AC No.‘ the faster the router. It will likely have more user features.
Links to RSP router offerings and Manufacturer websites
Typical Router Setup
NOTE: The LAN cable (yellow here, can be other colours) goes from UNI-D 1 (most probably) to the WAN input on the router (usually the yellow socket).
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with your service provider regarding your own connection issues.
Kindly prepared and illustrated for BIRRR by John Kitchener 6/5/2016