Mobile Broadband is an internet service via 3G or 4G mobile towers.
- You can use this site to search for the best / closest tower to your location. OZ TOWERS SEARCH
- Telstra Essential Contacts 12 July 2016 (Compiled by BIRRR) Please only contact an area manager as your last point of call, all issues need to be directed to the appropriate Telstra / Bigpond Department FIRST.
- Mobile Broadband Plans Comparison here
NGWL and BIGPOND MOBILE BROADBAND
There is a 25GB plan (to access you need to contact Telstra via phone or chat), this plan becomes shaped when you reach your data limit. You can not purchase more data. 25GB plan can be arranged via chat or phone, ask for a price with bundling especially if your landline & mobiles are also with Telstra. If you have a BIGPOND plan you are entitled to be ‘unshaped’ three times per year (regardless of your plan size). Phone Bigpond and ask to be unshaped. NGWL services have recently been discounted by Telstra, more information will be posted here as soon as it becomes available.
- If you have a NGWL (next G Wireless Local Loop – also runs your phone lines etc) service this is the ONLY plan that your modem is compatible with.
- BIGPOND PHONE: 137663 (remember this is NOT a Business Account)
- 12 Mth Plan COSTS / Month without bundling
What is unmetering and how does it work ? (Compiled by BIRRR)
NB: If you use Telstra as your internet provider for any service (other than satellite) there are ‘unmetered’ sites for distance education students. This means when students are using these sites the data will not count in your monthly download.
Telstra Air Explained (Compiled by BIRRR 3/2/16) – Free wifi at Telstra Hot Spot Locations for eligible Telstra customers.
All Mobile Broadband posts
- Alternate Voice Telephony
- Antenna and Equipment Installers and Suppliers
- BIRRR survey SAYS…
- Cel-Fi Boosters
- Enhancing Mobile Broadband Service
- Mobile Blackspot Program Information
- Mobile Service and Modems
- Selecting The Correct Antenna and How To Point It
- Telstra / Bigpond Mobile Broadband Plans
- Telstra Air Explained
- Telstra Essential Contacts
- Telstra Yagi and Smart Antennas
- What is unmetering and how does it work?
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with your service provider regarding your own connection issues and best plans available.