This information has been developed to help Australian consumers be aware and informed of regional technology offerings. When signing up to any connection please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions of the service. Also ensure you have checked out all of your connectivity options.
The Regional Tech Hub can produce a free connectivity report that outlines all your connectivity options so you can match a technology to your needs and budget.
PLEASE NOTE – When signing up
- Use your mobile number when signing up, NOT your landline number. Starlink will want to send you an SMS if there is a problem with your account.
- Use an email address like @gmail.com as a contact email address. As Bigpond etc may block your confirmation email.
- Use a Google Plus code to enter the exact location of your dwelling.
- Note the order number given onscreen – this will help with account retrieval if there is a problem.
- In Australia, you can only order from Starlink ( starlink.com). There are NO resellers in Australia for the standard kits. There are now resellers for the Commercial and Business kits in Australia. Go here, https://support.starlink.com/, and type in reseller and a list will appear under the heading Who is a Starlink authorized commercial retailer or reseller .
Consumer Information – Support
- Cannot login to your account? Go here and choose one of the options provided https://auth.starlink.com/forgot-password.
- What are the Starlink support hours for Australians? Support is based in the US and is available 24 hours 7 days a week.
- In the event of a hardware failure that requires replacement equipment, shipping time is estimated to take 1-2 weeks.
- Dishy takes 10 -15 minutes to power on, however local experience suggests as short as 5 minutes.
- The Starlink FAQ answers a lot of your questions – see https://support.starlink.com/ These are the current support topics
- The Starlink app provides details on performance, including outages and obstructions. Visit the Starlink FAQ and type app in the search box for more information. See https://support.starlink.com/
- Visit the Starlink FAQ and type performance in the search box. See https://support.starlink.com/ Starlink are constantly monitoring and optimising performance, and in most events are aware of any service degradation before the customer.
Starlink has a complaint handling process
Viewed here https://www.starlink.com/legal/documents/DOC-1096-80005-65?regionCode=AU If you choose to submit a complaint, we will need a detailed description of your concern and the best way to reach you so that we may investigate and respond. If you make contact and express dissatisfaction to us using one of the methods mentioned and we are uncertain regarding whether you wish to make a complaint, our personnel will provide help for you to formulate, make and process a compliant. Our personnel will also help if you have accessibility requirements, a disability, come from a non-English speaking background or are suffering financial hardship.
Ways of submitting a complaint are:
OPEN A TICKET: The quickest way to receive a resolution is to log into your Starlink Account online in the Customer Support Portal and submit a Customer Support Request describing your issue and your desired resolution. Please include “Consumer Compliant” in the subject of your ticket request.
BY EMAIL: You can send us an email describing your issue and your desired resolution to email@example.com. Please include “Consumer Complaint” and your Starlink Account # in the subject of your email.
BY MAIL: Send a detailed letter describing your issue and your desired resolution to the following address: Starlink Internet Services Pte. Ltd. Level 10, 68 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 2000 Please include “Consumer Compliant” and your Starlink Account # in the subject of your letter.
BY PHONE: You can call 1800 954 824 and initiate a complaint.
BIRRR is a technology agnostic, independent volunteer support, advisory, information & advocacy group.
We are in no way affiliated with Starlink or SpaceX.