To assist in selecting a service provider for Sky Muster BIRRR highly recommends looking at the following tip sheet. CLICK HERE
ACCAN recommend: Providers differ on the level of performance offered depending on the number of customers they have and how much they have invested in their service. It is not expected that each retail service provider will offer the same level of service. Therefore, you should check that the level of service offered matches what you need.
There are 11 Internet Service Providers (ISPs or RSPs) offering plans for nbn Satellite (Sky Muster).
BIRRR Sky Muster Price Comparison Table
All plans are 12/1 speed – there is a $5 extra per month cost across the board (all providers) for the 25/5 speed. Table updated 1/11/17
(updated 1/11/2017 Sky Muster Plans Comparison)
- A 25/5 speed plan costs $5 extra per month across the board
- Upon request, SkyMesh will endeavour to match any Plan published by a competitor, so long as SkyMesh can remain compliant with nbn co’s Fair Use Policy.
- Yellow indicates good value plans with a peak data cost of under $1.00/GB
- Orange indicates highest peak data plans with each provider.
- Please check with providers as some plans are limited time only.
- Review the RSP’s Critical Information Summaries or CIS.
The CIS was mandated by the ACCC to make it easy for customers to compare ISPs’ offerings. Don’t make a decision on price alone.
- Check the contract terms stated by the provider you choose and if a plug and play router is supplied/able to be purchased.
- Ask your provider if they charge for activation or installation of your Sky Muster service.
- Sky Muster Plan Overview – all providers.
Max data plan peak average = 131.81 GB Peak data Average monthly bill cost for highest peak data plans = $141.34 cost
Average Cost per Gb for highest Peak data Plan = $1.01 per GB data
Max Data Plan Average PEAK PLANS (12/1 Speed) 131.81 GB Peak Data Average across 11 providers $141.34 cost Average Maximum Peak data Plan Cost $1.01 per GB PEAK data average
Telstra Satellite 1800 210 027 opt 3 Telstra Satellite
Telstra are currently not one of the NBN Sky Muster Satellite Providers.
If you have a Telstra satellite connection you should make plans to get a different provider now. Due to limited demand and alternative technology, Telstra has made the decision to close their Telstra Broadband Satellite (this is NOT the nbn Sky Muster Satellite) on 3 December 2018.
Support Hours & Outage Notification Comparison
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with your service provider regarding your eligibility and best plans available.