To assist in selecting a service provider for Sky Muster BIRRR highly recommends looking at the following tip sheet. CLICK HERE
There are 12 Internet Service Providers (ISPs or RSPs) offering plans for nbn Satellite (Sky Muster).
Important questions to ask your Sky Muster Provider
- Is there an activation or installation fee (most providers offer FREE Sky Muster installs)
- Is a plug & play router provided ? At what cost?
- How can you pay for your account ? Does the provider accept direct deposit, credit card etc? Does the provider charge an account fee, late fee, credit card fee or invoice fee ? (most providers DO NOT charge invoice fees)
- Can you upgrade your plan during your billing cycle ? Can you purchase a data block ? Are there any fees for changing your speed tier? (most providers DO NOT charge a ‘speed change’ fee)
- Is there a contract for your Sky Muster account ? Most providers offer 30 day plans so please DO NOT get locked into a contract for 12/24 mths.
- iinet and Westnet have not passed on the full increases to Sky Muster Peak Data announced by nbn in 2017. Additionally iinet, Westnet and Loaded Net DO NOT have representatives in BIRRR that can assist with issues.
- Not all providers offer an education port plan, click here to see the BIRRR Education Plan Comparison
BIRRR Sky Muster Price Comparison Table
All plans are 12/1 speed – there is a $5 extra per month cost across the board (all providers) for the 25/5 speed. Table updated 30/08/18
(updated 30/08/2018 Sky Muster Plans Comparison)
SKY MUSTER NOTES
Some providers may Plan Match upon request, as long as they remain compliant with nbn co’s Fair Use Policy.
Yellow indicates good value plans with a peak data cost of under $0.95/GB
Orange indicates highest peak data plans with each provider.
Please ensure you review the RSP’s Critical Information Summaries (CIS).
The CIS was mandated by the ACCC to make it easy for customers to compare ISPs’ offerings. Don’t make a decision on price alone.
#iinet & Westnet have NOT passed on the full increases to data allowances that were announced in 2017
ACCAN recommend: Providers differ on the level of performance offered depending on the number of customers they have and how much they have invested in their service. It is not expected that each retail service provider will offer the same level of service. Therefore, you should check that the level of service offered matches what you need.
Sky Muster Plan Overview – all providers.
Maximum data plan peak average across all providers = 137.08 GB Peak data Average monthly bill cost for highest peak data plans (12/1 speed) = $145.39 cost
Average Cost per Gb for highest Peak data Plan across all providers = $1.08 per GB
NB: Telstra and OPTUS are currently not NBN Sky Muster Satellite Providers.
If you have a Telstra satellite connection you should make plans to get a different provider now. Due to limited demand and alternative technology, Telstra has made the decision to close their Telstra Broadband Satellite (this is NOT the nbn Sky Muster Satellite) on 3 December 2018.
Support Hours & Outage Notification Comparison
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with your service provider regarding your eligibility and best plans available. Page updated 30/8/18.