Google Maps is a web application that allows users to find and search for locations, get directions, and view street view maps using a scalable, virtual map interface via their browser. The service is powered by high-resolution satellite images, allowing users to zoom in on maps, sometimes down to street level, through the Street View feature.
This article provides details for how to get longitude and latitude for any given location using Google Maps. Your co-ordinates will offer the best information for nbn™ and your service provider to locate you.
1. Go to https://www.google.com.au/maps/
2. Enter the city, town, country, address, or other location you want to find the longitude and latitude for and click the “Search Maps” button.
A red marker is placed on the map, pinpointing the location you have entered.
3. Right-click the red marker or a surrounding area and select the “What’s here?” option from the context menu.
4. A pop up appears with the location latitude and longitude displayed. This will also drop a grey arrow marker on the map.
5. Left click on the latitude and longitude. The side panel displays the details of the location.
6. Copy and paste details as required from the side panel.
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with your service provider, regarding your own addressing issues.
Prepared for BIRRR by John Kitchener 24/4/2016