- The new NBN Satellite Sky Muster became available from April 2016 as part of the Long Term Satellite Service (LTSS). It is expected to service between 200,000 – 400,000 residences. It will be available to residents who can not access NBN Fixed or Fixed Wireless technologies.
Sky Muster Facts:
- nbn™ Long Term Satellite Service (LTSS) (compiled by BIRRR* 14/10/15, updated 1/11/16)
- Long Term Satellite (Sky Muster) Fair Use Policy nbn™
- nbn co requires each customer to limit their Data Usage to no more than 150 GB in any four week period.
- Furthermore, nbn co requires each customer to limit their Peak Hour Data Usage to no more than 75 GB in any four week period.
- nbn co requires all RSPs to limit their average customer Peak Hour Data Usage to no more than 30 GB of downloads and no more than 5 GB of uploads in any four week period.
- What are Sky Muster Spot Beams ?
- Sky Muster™ nbn™ Long Term Satellite Information (compiled by BIRRR* 15/12/15)
- How to Find Sky Muster in the Sky
Getting Connected to Sky Muster:
- How to get a NBN connection ?
- Preparing for Sky Muster™ compiled by John Kitchener for BIRRR 28/2/16
- Sky Muster Service Providers
- Sky Muster Satellite Modem – Power Consumption compiled by John Kitchener for BIRRR
Routers & Telephony:
- Sky Muster Routers (compiled by John Kitchener for BIRRR 6/5/16)
- Alternate Voice Telephony (compiled by BIRRR 7/1/16)
- VOIP on Sky Muster (compiled by John Kitchener for BIRRR 2/6/16)
Education Services on SKY MUSTER:
- nbn™ Education Port for Distance Education Students (updated 2/6/16)
- Education Services over Sky Muster End User Guide
NB: NBN Interim satellite service (ISS) was designed to be used by those who could NOT get any other type of broadband connection, installations were between 2011 – 2013 to approximately 40,000 Australian residences. ISS is not an active service.
All Sky Muster articles
- Alternate Voice Telephony
- Alternative Voice Services Using the Internet
- Complaining to the TIO
- Contact a Politician
- Controlling Internet Data Usage with Gargoyle Router
- Finding SkyMuster
- How Do I Get nbn™ ?
- How to change YouTube Quality to reduce your data usage
- How to find your Latitude and Longitude using Google Maps
- How to power cycle a device
- How to use your off-peak data
- Landline Phones and the Universal Service Obligation (USO)
- NBN ‘FAIR USE’ policy & actions
- nbn Sky Muster Educational Port ?
- nbn Sky Muster Plus
- NBN Sky Muster Satellite – the Facts
- PlayOn Cloud
- Preparing For nbn™ Sky Muster™
- Problems with your NBN connection?
- QANTAS and SkyMuster
- SKY MUSTER PLANS BETTER FOR THE BUSH, BUT FOR HOW LONG?
- Sky Muster Routers
- SkyMuster Rollout
- Temporary fixes to Sky Muster internet connection problems July 2016
- Using iConnect on Sky Muster (QLD Dept. of Education)
- Using PlayOn Desktop to Schedule Off Peak Video Downloads
- VoWIFI or WIFI Calling
- Web Page Optimisation (WPO)
- What are Sky Muster spot beams?
- What is unmetering and how does it work?
- Windows 10 – Set connection to metered to save data
*Please note, while all care has been taken in compiling BIRRR documents, we recommend that you check with NBN or your ISP regarding your own connection issues.